View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #7
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
This means we all have to endure more of Doc Emrick's voice than we ever thought humanly possible. He's not a bad broadcaster but that voice....

Doc Emrick is the best play-by-play guy the U.S. networks have. Well, I am also always partial to Dave Strader, since he was the "voice" of the Wings when I first started watching.

Other than those two, I don't really like too many of the Vs./NBC play-by-play guys. I don't like Joe Beneninati. He uses too many unnecessary "cutesy" phrases that annoy. There's some other guy, whose name I don't recall, whose voice just gets very loud and deep all of a sudden whenever something "exciting" happens. It's strange and off putting.

I struggle between the HD glory of Vs. against the non-HD, but great sound and announcing of CBC. Typically, HD wins (unless the announcers are really offensive) and I switch to CBC for the between periods stuff.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote