View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #340
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
We need a "faints dead away" smilie I don't get that sort of slack all that often.

Scioscia was one of my favorite players in all of baseball during his years, just as Steve Yeager had been before him. When I say I'm inclined to cut him some slack, I really mean that. I'd probably bitch about things he does sometimes if someone else did them but since it's him I don't.

Heh...yeah, agreed. I think that very little of what happened with Sciosc was really about the Red Sox at all, but about the umps. The umps also stole a likely run from the Angels yesterday, and considering we lost by a run, that sort of things starts to grate on a manager. Sciosc was arguing the second time with Joe West--he's the dumbass who called Hunter out yesterday on a ball in the fourth inning that should have been a double (flyball at the wall hit the glove, hit the wall, fell back in the glove, a hit by MLB rules, Morales had a single in the next at bat, so Hunter would have scored). So combine that with the emotions and how Sciosc sees the umps acting, and not a good mix.

P.S. I hope the Red Sox get Beckett out soon, so the Angels can score on him.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote