View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 07:54 AM   #236
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I know I'm sorely out of touch with my Reds, but ummm...

Can someone tell me who these bozos are and what they did with the real Cincinnati Reds?

This is the main thing that keeps me from getting back into baseball.

Teams like the Reds seem to have a revolving door for players, while teams like the Yankees pick and choose from the ones who are too expensive for the Reds to re-sign when contracts expire.

Then you have a team the next season that has few familiar faces, and for me, its hard to get into that. I feel like I am watching a local low-level minor league team where a few guys are just stuck playing low level ball and others are there for a year or part of a year, and then gone.

Guys like Cueto and Volquez will be gone within a few seasons too, I would be willing to bet. If they pitch to their abilities, they will be too expensive for the Reds, and they will probably want to play for a team with a better shot at a title anyway.

I feel more optimistic about the Bengals chances at a title than I do the Reds, and that says something I think.

To believe that any Reds team will ever be able to compete for a title again for more than a year or two at a time would be dreaming, IMO.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 04-09-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote