View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #165
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I agree, but having Farnsworth at all is a bad move. But I agree that he should be relegated to 6th/7th inning at best. And more than 1 run lead, too.

Agree. Rany summed it up well today: "The worst part of all this is that we all saw it coming. Every last one of us knew from the moment they read Hillman’s words about keeping Farnsworth in the eighth-inning role that it would cost the Royals dearly at some point. We didn’t know it would be Opening Day, against one of our chief rivals, with the justice meted out by one of our greatest nemeses. But we knew it was coming. With the Royals, no bad decision ever goes unpunished."

I was posting a bunch over at royalsreview at the time and we all knew it was coming. That's what's so damning. And Rany was also right to point out that Farnsworth is no less than the 3rd most responsible person because GMDM never should have signed him so Hillman couldn't have stupidly played him. But, again, at least GMDM signed Cruz at the cost of a draft pick so he at least recognized his mistake a little.

(also, from Rany: "Regardless of whether he learns or not, Hillman is getting no slack with me this year. He cost us this game, plain and simple. He cost us a two-game swing in the standings with a divisional rival. The odds that the outcome of this game – the outcome of Hillman’s decision – keeps the Royals out of the postseason are something like 1%. Think about that: it’s still Opening Day, and there’s a one-in-a-hundred shot that the Royals just blew the division.")

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-07-2009 at 09:14 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote