View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #163
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
I think it's because I live in the Southeast but rather far (five hours) from Atlanta or something.

Okay, now I get it, I wasn't sure where you were. Sounds like you're part of the deal they cut with Comcast and a couple of other cable systems to give them better access to the Braves in some of the FSN territories. It helps the team overall because it lengthens their reach and in theory gives the local systems some additional inventory to sell.

The problem in some of the markets (yours sounds like one) is that I knew about the deals that were struck several weeks before anyone bothered to even tell the local cable sales people. Kind of hard to sell it if you don't even know it's available. Of course given the reduction in sales force at Turner (which owns Peachtree TV) it wouldn't have been completely out of the realm of possibility that they had unsold inventory too. What you're seeing is basically the raw feed, same as the one that shows up on the concourse at the stadium.