View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #100
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
That was the worst part of living in Maryland. What kind of state makes you buy eggs and vodka in two different places? Thankfully, I'm back in Missouri now and don't have that issue.

I've never lived in a state where you could get liquor in a grocery store or convenience store.

In Maryland, it seemed to vary by county. In Howard & Prince Georges Counties, I had to go to a liquor store for beer, wine, and liquor. In PG, I couldn't buy liquor on Sundays. In Frederick County you can get beer and wine I think in grocery stores and even gas stations. In Frederick and Montgomery Counties it seems that you have to go to a special store for liquor.

In Loudoun County, Virginia you can get all kinds of beer and wine in grocery stores but liquor must come from state stores (ABC stores).

All in all, this area of NJ isn't much different from Howard County for me.

Back to the real topic of this thread, though, was sort of glad to see the Red Sox get postponed, at least I have a greater chance of catching some of the game tomorrow. Watching Yankees at Orioles right now. Even though I think of Boston as "my team," I cheer for the O's as long as they're not playing Boston. I love their ballpark and really think it's too bad what Angelos does to that team. He's been better lately, but still...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote