View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #346
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I didn't work with all 750,000. Just a few dozen.

I don't think there is any real data. Hard to quantify nice and douche into meaningful statistics. If that was possible we probably all wouldn't look so dumb arguing this ridiculous topic to death when we know we are never going to share opinions .

So I go by what I've seen and I've seen enough to form a relatively rigid opinion.

Once you hate any defined group of people, your mind will always find and exaggerate evidence to support that opinion. Your brain will also group them together to dehumanize them (i.e. your "clone" comment - people are much easier to hate when you take away their individuality) That's why racism can be so vicious and damaging to a society.

And also, when you decide you hate an entire group of people regardless of individual characteristics, they can tell, don't be all that shocked if many of them aren't a huge fan of yours. When it's an officer, of course, they still need to act professionally, but they'll know you don't like them, they'll not like you, you'll know they don't like you, and your prejudice will feed on itself.

Last edited by molson : 03-28-2009 at 05:44 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote