View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 12:49 PM   #327
gstelmack
Pro Starter

It's pretty clear he did a routine traffic stop, got nervous when a bunch of people jumped out of the car, realised there was no danger, then taught them a lesson.

Look, when a cop pulls you over, stay in the car until he comes over, then explain what you need to. I still think there's a pretty darn good chance that he'd have been in the hospital a lot sooner if he had done that. And if he hadn't been, and the cop had still jerked him around, this thread ends 5 pages ago. Jump out of the car, try to run away, what do you expect?

And yes, the cop should have backed off when the nurse and other cop came out. I agree 100% he deserves disciplining for the end of this incident. The only reason I'm still here arguing (and I'm about to stop, I know it's getting circular, no one will change their mind) is I can't believe people think it's okay for these three people to jump out of the car and two of them try to run off when a cop pulls them over. I'm still trying to get my head around the acceptance of that, especially the belief that some cops are jerks means you don't have to listen to them when they pull you over.