View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #307
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Maybe a cop doesn't think he can execute someone if he knows that he'll be held accountable by his fellow officers.

Wasn't he arrested? Charged with murder? Resigned before charges were even filed? I'm so confused.

Is your theory, honestly, that he conciously killed that guy, thinking that he would get away with it because he was a police officer?

I guess that's theoretically possible, if he was mentally disabled, but that's hardly the most reasonable explanation. It's definitely the explanation that would allow people to feel justified destroying property though, so I can understand why it would be so appealing.

Officers really don't want to kill people. Even if it's justified, it puts their career at tremendous risk. Nobody does that just for kicks.

What about the officer in this case? Do you think he just wanted to hassle black people?

And back to the first question - what exactly does a police department do to 100% ensure everyone feels that if they execute someone, they'll be held accountable? And further than that, how do you get rid of all bad seeds? You've said that officer murders are "what happens" when you don't weed out bad seeds - I'm sure they would love to know how to do that (beyond firing)

Last edited by molson : 03-27-2009 at 04:21 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote