View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #263
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Funny story. This actually happened to me when I was in high school. I was in a city I knew nothing about and pretty much lost. My friends and I had gone to a playoff football game for our HS and we were unable to find the freeway so I just started driving towards home. We were stopped at a light and all the sudden a car came up beside us and about 4 guys got out. One of the guys approached my door (my window was closed) and started telling me to roll down my window. I was extremely scared for the life of myself and my friends. (I even noticed my door was unlocked). I said screw it, looked forward for traffic and ran the light and speed off. I broke the law and honestly I would do it again, doesn't make it right, but I had to do it for the sake of not being jumped by a gang. If an officer had pulled me over for doing it I would have been happy since he probably would have saved our asses from getting jumped as well, since it would have been pretty obvious because they were out of their car. I still think about the events that took place that night and what might have happened.

I'm agree.

If I think guy behind me is not a cop and have sincere belief that I'm in danger, I carefully run the red light in hopes that a cop would pull me over.

If it was an undercover cop, I would say that I had a rational fear I was being followed and was driving to the police station for that reason. If he still gave me a ticket, I would challenge the ticket in court (if not more).
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote