View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 11:46 AM   #235
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Well, the post I quoted argued that their actions were not only excused, but that he disagreed that they were being "shits" (my word) to the officer while doing all of this. And all of those actions I listed were in the tape.

I just don't think it's reasonable to expect the cop to immediately flip a switch after the way he spends the first 3 minutes of that tape. Certainly by the time we're hitting the 12 or 13 minute mark he's in full denial mode, and deserves to be held to task for not listening to the nurse and other officer, but folks expecting him to just go "well then, okay, my mistake, see you later" at the 3:15 mark or so are delusional.

It was mentioned elsewhere, I'll mention it again: if you didn't have the rest of this story, and all you had were the first 3 minutes of that tape, what would your reaction be?

My reaction is this: Who gives a shit about the first 3 minutes of the tape?

The cop acted like a douche for 20 minutes or so. If he had responded appropriately before that (like the critical moment where the hospital nurse and OTHER POLICE OFFICER vouch for the story) then there wouldn't be as much of a firestorm.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote