View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 10:44 AM   #207
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I'd actually forgot about this story from a couple years ago...

My father in law had surgery for mesothelioma (8+ hours of surgery we were at the hospital the whole day). After he got out the doctor said things were looking good. WE went and visited him the next day and he was awake, things were improving. Then we get a call at 2 AM that he's crashed and is in CCU/ICU in a coma. We rushed to the hospital, going the speed I normally travel down the freeway (UCLA Medical is about 40 miles from Orange County). I stopped at a number of lights, even the ones closest to the hospital, because regardless of the situation at hand, it's my responsibility to not put others in risk. So when I'm speaking about the driver being in the wrong, I do speak from experience in my own life.

Once again, as I've stated each time, the officer should have handled the situation differently once he was approached by the nurse, but it was the drivers own fault for the series of events that occurred, period. Much of the blame goes on him for how he handled the emergency situation.

Were you told his death was imminent? If not, then it's not close to the same thing. Dire medical situation, yes.

Also, either you or I misunderstand what traffic lights are for. I have run traffic lights in emergency situations late at night when I have ensured that passage through the intersection is safe. I would do it again in the same situation without hesitation. At no time during these two incidents do I feel I ever put anyone at risk, either the other occupants of my vehicle or anyone else on the road.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote