View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 10:24 PM   #191
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Not nearly as dangerous as not having him out there.

I've never met anyone with a badge & a gun who wasn't capable of having that same moment at some point in their career. Like most of the rest of us they're human & prone to better or worse reactions to different situations. And I say that having had the privilege of knowing some incredibly fine officers over the years, some truly amazing people.

Anecdotally one of those (without a doubt the best damn cop I ever saw) was murdered while making a routine traffic stop, another was killed by a shotgun blast from a concealed homeowner while walking up the driveway to serve a minor warrant on an otherwise peaceful Saturday morning. That sort of job environment brings a whole different level of stress than 99.9 percent of the rest of us have to deal with at work.

John did you watch the video? he isnt worried about being shot when he turns his back to the suspect who is out of his car and un restrained and then does not address the situation while sitting in his car. there were more police 101 rules broken here than I can count. That said, had I been Moates I would have calmly and with my hands clearly visible walked into the hospital; he would not have been arrested inside.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote