View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #126
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
This lady's mom is DYING. I find it amazing that people here cannot understand how someone might be feeling in that case. The lady said, "My mom is dying. Don't you understand?" I doubt I'd be nearly as calm as she was if my mom was dying. And I doubt I'd be very calm if an officer pulled a gun on my grief stricken wife, but then starts to hassle me about insurance. To me, it is incredibly baffling the kind of behavior that some of you are expecting from them, considering what they were going through. I honestly do not understand that at all.

Nobody's saying they should be locked up or anything.

I'm sure the officer understood "SHE'S DYING!!!" as, "We have a sick relative in the hopital". Not that she was going to be dead in 90 seconds. I'm not sure exactly how much precise information the nurse was able to provide, but by that point, most of the time had passed.

The cop should say he's sorry and we should all move on.

If you go through life with the expectation that officers, and the rest of humanity, are 100% perfect and that you've been violated every time it drops below that, you're risking feeling violated. If you get pulled over when you were in a hurry, you should apologize for breaking the law, calmly tell the officer what the deal is, and request that things move along as fast as possible, you'll be golden 99.9% of the time. If you wave your arms and yell and mouth off, they will assume you're a liar, because their experiences have taught them that.

Last edited by molson : 03-26-2009 at 06:01 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote