View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #115
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter of Foo View Post
When has a traffic stop ever taken 30 seconds? That's bullshit. You're telling me that the same cop who didn't believe Moats's story at the hospital would believe it at a traffic stop. No, no way.

The red stop light would have delayed him 30 seconds (rough estimate - it could have been 5 seconds). You're assuming he had no choice but to break the law. I'm saying that he followed the law, he would have gotten to be with his mother-in-law. Any traffic stop, as you point out, would have delayed him far longer than that. Any traffic stop would have cost him the chance to be with his mother-in-law, since we're talking about seconds, apparetnly.

I think, just as a general rule, if you're in a hurry, speeding and breaking traffic laws don't save you the time that they're going to cost you, and the risk you thrust upon everyone else.

These are a pretty extraodinary circumstances - what are the odds she would have died in those 5 minutes? That's really why this story is such a big deal. I'm sure 99% of medical "emergencies" are greatly exagerated by the lawbreakers when these kind of situations come up.

Last edited by molson : 03-26-2009 at 05:39 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote