View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #87
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Except he did let them get away and it doesn't sound like he even made an attempt to stop the others, so I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. You seem to want to continue arguing about the initial detention. Why is that? How many times do I have to say that the problem isn't with the initial detention, but the prolonged detention after a nurse AND a police officer told him the guy was legit and asked him to let him go. Are you defaulting on that point? Because you don't seem to want to address it.

The initial detention sets the tone. Any traffic stop is a stressful situation for a policeman, and when the people react like this it just ratchets it up. How lucid are you after, say, being in a moderate traffic wreck, or having something else stressful hit?

Another way to put it from my point of view is why is everyone glossing over the initial reaction of Moates and the women with him?

And he tells the other two women a couple of times to get back in the car, and the younger one is yelling at him and waving her arms. A lone police officer can't handle all 3 at once.