View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #84
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I think that leads to him getting the benefit of the doubt. And stil, my problem isn't with the initial stop. the problem is with him being detained for os long to check insurance even after the guy's story was being verified. I'm baffled as to how anyone thinks that's reasonable.

Every so often we have idiots around here that are driving down the freeway with their emergency/hazard lights on. Honestly it makes no sense why you would use those in any instance unless you are stopped on the side of the road or if you are trying to pull over due to your car having an issue. If you are driving down the road with them on you look like an idiot, especially for no reason.

In addition we have people driving down the freeways here with hazards on driving 15-20 MPH in the slow lane. WTF are you on the freeway if you can't go the speed of traffic, you are safer on the streets.

There are many people that don't understand when is a proper time to use your hazard lights.

In the California Drivers Handbook the only mention of emergency/hazard lights is to signal other drivers of a possible hazard ahead (such as an accident) or if you are pulled to the size of the road.

Last edited by DanGarion : 03-26-2009 at 03:09 PM.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote