View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #10
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
And if they hadn't got out of the car and immediately raced into the hospital and instead had taken the time to explain to the officer UP FRONT (which the officer mentions later) there wouldn't have been an issue. How does the officer know they aren't running inside with a gun or something?

This was a misunderstanding on both sides as these things often are.

The wife and another woman ran inside (and the officer let them go), not Ryan Moats, who did try to explain the situation and how time sensitive it was. At that point, accompany him in then. Once a nurse comes out and verifies the story, the cop really has lost any sympathy from me (at least based on how things are worded in the article).

I understand that he's trying to uphold the law, but if (and yes that's a big if) Moats was being honest when he said he made sure it was safe before proceeding through the red light, then a lot more compassion should have been shown given the circumstances and location.