View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #19
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I took the plunge last night, messed around with it for about 90 minutes. Seemed very familiar despite me not playing BBM for almost 10 years, which may be good, but might not be, I don't know. The wife and kids are heading out for Spring Break this weekend, so I'll have plenty of time to play this for the next week or so.

As far as OOTP goes, I've purchased the last couple of versions and found myself mostly using it to simulate, not play. Particularly historical sims, but even fictional ones, I've found that I don't really like OOTP as a game that I participate in so much as I like to create historical and fictional scenarios, sim them out, and examine the results. I guess that's worth paying for, but I'd also like a baseball game I can actually enjoy playing, too. I can't really explain why that is, because even when I try to "dumb down" the setup - only one minor league, no free agency (if playing an historical sim), etc. - I still don't enjoy OOTP as a game that much. I'll probably buy the new OOTP to support Marcus, but I bet I play BBM more than OOTP - although I'm sure with all the sims I'll be running, OOTP will be up and running on my computers more often than BBM.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote