View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 11:38 PM   #466
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I was downstairs watching, instead of by the computer, so I didn't get to participate in the pbp here. But here are my thoughts on the UCLA-VCU game.

1. Bug's smoking something about the fouls. That was a fairly called game. Actually probably one of the better reffed games I have seen this year (keep in mind I usually have to watch Pac 10 refs). Only quibble is I think Sanders had six fouls, and he was only called for 4. The refs did tighten up a lot after the Glynn foul.

2. The sideshot on the Drago flop clearly showed Glynn's elbow catching Drago in the upper chest, and it looked hard. Drago went right down, and not of hios own volition, IMO. That said, the throat reach was big time overacting.

3. Maynor's a great player, and Sanders looks like he really has the athleticism to make a difference right up to the next level. That said, I certainly hope they thanked Enberg and Bilas for swallowing.

4. Holliday may have had some iffy moments, and missed a layup or two, like he does, but he showed why pro scouts love his game with some of the plays he made. I hope he comes back (he definitely needs to), but he probably won't.

5. No Malcolm Lee? Drew Gordon, who was reportedly ready to go, despite his bruised knee? Come on, Howland, Sanders was probably the only player on the court more athletic than either Lee or Gordon, and they could have really helped make a difference out there. Or at least given us energy when Enberg and Bilas kept saying "VCU just has mor elife than UCLA".

6. Great defensive play by Collison at the end. Glad he didn't go out on his college career with that block shot on him by Sanders.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote