View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #335
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I liked the old system that was essentially all neutral sites. I think the crowd dynamic is unique and it makes it fair for both sides. Leave the home games for the regular season, the tournament should be who has the better team that day, not who is playing at home.

What neutral sites? You mean when if you were sent to the west region you played on all west sites that were pre-determined? So a team like Gonzaga, the highest seed in the tournament(along with UW) got rewarded and put in the west region, thus putting them at one of the western sites and changing absolutely nothing.

The sites in the east or the south still go to the top teams from those geographic areas. Perhaps the new pod system(and btw I'm not a fan of the new pod system, I liked it the way it was just fine) generates a few more games each year where one team is decidedly closer to home than other teams, but the higher seeds ending up with the games closer to their campuses is nothing new at all.

EDIT: You weren't the one mentioning the gonzaga game, just read that now(though I still like the point for those that were )

Last edited by Radii : 03-19-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote