View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #247
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
So, I know I am getting ahead of myself... but does anyone see Jeff Jones getting another shot at big-time coaching? He has done really nice things at American U., and I know he had some success at Virginia before being let go (not sure of the circumstances on that one)... but if they beat Villanova, he will look awfully attractive as a new hire to some school out there.

The circumstances were that he was boinking a coed while married to his UVA sweetheart. I think he's married to the coed now, at least I heard that once. They used two poor recruiting classes as the reason, but being a social embarrassment in C-ville was the deal breaker.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote