View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #57
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
This is definitely my second favorite sports day of the year (behind Opening Day). Still, nothing will ever beat my favorite Spring Break week where I had a goal of 100 hours of basketball and Pokemon (I'm a sucker for those and a new game had come out that Tuesday)- I fell something like 5 hours short but it was a good effort

SI

Downtown Kansas City is going to be nuts today. In addition to the NCAA regional games, they have the NAIA Division I tournament going on just three blocks away from the Sprint Center at Municipal Auditorium. They have NAIA games going from 9:00 AM until midnight tonight. The place was bonkers last night when a few thousand watched the #32 seed (William Jewell (MO)) knock the #1 team in the nation (Rogers State (OK)) out of the tourney in a first round stunner. Wall-to-wall basketball. It's awesome.

FYI.......here's a stat you NCAA geeks can throw out at your watch parties that no one will know. Municipal Auditorium in downtown Kansas City has hosted more NCAA tournament games (83), NCAA Regional finals (13), and NCAA Final Fours (9) than any other location in history. I'm sure that one of the dome locations will eventually eclipse those numbers, but it's still the leader for now.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote