View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #28
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post

2) People have fallen in love with Florida State and Syracuse after their conference tourney performances. I think Syracuse, in particular, is badly overseeded. But the problem is I could see that half of the South bracket fall apart as I mentioned above.

I'm somewhat torn on Syracuse. They have really underperformed and played unmotivated often the last few years. Boeheim has seemingly mailed it in since winning the championship with Carmelo. No team in college basketball has played less hungry.

Then again, they do have something like 7 McDonalds All-Americans right now, and Flynn is an awesome point guard. The effort was suddenly there at the end of the year, and this team is much more talented than the Gerry Macnamara team that won the Big East tourney and got knocked out early.

I guess I must think they'll finally go somewhere as I picked both Flynn and Devendorf for my Top Gun team. Then again, I won't be shocked if they get knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round. And I don't think I'd shed any tears, either.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote