View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #25
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Every year, there are a few trap games that make or break brackets. My thoughts on ones for this year:

Quote:
North Carolina-Gonzaga: That bottom half of the bracket is a mess and this one is for the F4.

I pretty much agree, unless OK can revert back to the way they were before the Griffen injury.

Quote:
Louisville-Michigan St: Like I said above, they just seem like they're on a collision course in the midwest.

I just don't get the MSU love. Yes Izzo is a great coach, but I think the Big 10 is overrated and the times I have seen MSU play they have a tendancy to let teams hang around. I see alot of teams on their side giving them problems. KU and USC are athletic and WVU has come together of late and wont be intimidated by anyone.
Quote:
Memphis-Mizzou: If UConn survives to the E8, I think the winner here takes them out

I think with the D Memphis plays they are in good shape to win this bracket
Quote:
Arizona St-Syracuse: Winner has a good shot at the E8.

I think the potential AZ st- 'Cuse matchup is a great one. Az State has 2 amazing players and 'Cuse is a good team with great guardplay, alot of good matchups.
Quote:
Utah-Arizona : For some reason, I just see Wake primed for an upset and that's if they get past Cleveland State.

I think with the number of scorers Arizona has they can give most teams problems, the problem is they have underachieved all year.

Also, a couple of thoughts based on "common knowledge"
Quote:
1) VCU is no lock to beat UCLA. I don't like any of the 11s over 6s this year.

I think UCLA will blow them out

Quote:
2) People have fallen in love with Florida State and Syracuse after their conference tourney performances. I think Syracuse, in particular, is badly overseeded. But the problem is I could see that half of the South bracket fall apart as I mentioned above.

Good guardplay seems to get rewarded

Quote:
3) The more and more I want to mark UConn down for an early exit, the harder I have a problem seeing who can do it. That part of their bracket is just fluffy. I would pick their 8/9 over any other and is anyone scared of Purdue or Washington?

I have watch alot of UW basketball being a student there. They could actualy give UConn problems. Jon Brockman is a beast inside and can get Thabeet into foul trouble and UConn isn't the same team without them. They also have alot of guys who can score and a deep bench. The problem is they may not get past Perdue. I can see Perdue slowing the game down and UW and their freshman PG getting impatient

Quote:
4) If Lawson is really gimpy or unable to play, aren't you scared of putting North Carolina even past the winner of LSU/Butler?

no

Last edited by Lathum : 03-18-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote