View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #15
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Nice to see the committee stick it to UCLA. You would think having the chairman of the selection committee would help, but it obviously didn't. Now the UCLA upset is the trendy pick.

What are UCLA's strengths/weaknesses?

VCU will matchup well against a team that doesn't have a lot of weight in the front court and cannot man-up on guards well. Also if a team has problems with the press, VCU will eat them alive.

They do a few things very well:

A) Larry Sanders (their C) is a blocking machine. He has a giant wing-span and loves to get highlight real blocks.

B) Eric Maynor is considered by many to be one of the top PG's in the country. He's not a pure shooter, but his dribble drive creates havock. So if you can't man up and keep him from penetrating he'll give you hell.

C) Full Court Press. They use the full court press all game and are quite good at it.

So, depending on how UCLA is built (I really don't know West Coast teams well) then I think there is a reason for an upset pick. It's not often that a mid-major has two NBA potential players (Maynor is a senior and is getting some consideration as a draft pick and Sanders is a Sophomore with a lot of upset that could make him an NBA draftee after his senior year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote