Old 08-04-2003, 12:46 AM   #19
lytic
College Benchwarmer

The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 5 - 1

Date: 8/4/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326865
Arena: Evil Beaver Pitch
Crowd: 40933

At Evil Beaver Pitch, 40933 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Huligans had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Forsér - Mayes, Bradley, Daniels - Negrete, ter Laak, Nacher, Chocano Díaz, Jegers - Sundskär, Chastain.

SouthPark started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Black - Marcusson, Davis, Wilhelm - Danhof, Crain, Dragóner, Millard, Guy - Gustavsson, Orkola.

Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 4:th minute goal by Blair Bradley for Huligans, putting them ahead 1 - 0. The visiting teams Sven Gustavsson could score the 1 - 1 equaliser in the 19:th minute with a header, after some good work on the right. SouthPark appeared unsure on how to play. In the 31st minute cheers broke out as Thomas Sundskär found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 2 - 1 goal in for Huligans. Huligans put themselves up 3 - 1 when Nigel Chastain broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 35 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Huligans. However, Palmer Black made a spectacular save. Halftime score was 3 - 1. Huligans held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

During the break SouthPark´s coach went through the teams new tactics yet again. Nigel Chastain increased Huliganss lead to 4 - 1 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. The structure of the game started to change as Huligans decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. After an industrious effort down the middle Ramón Chocano Díaz could have closed the game off in the 49:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. In the 54:th minute Huligans´s Ernest Nacher tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net. In the game's 69:th minute SouthPark´s Kenneth Millard limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. A lovely rush by Huligans's Harley Negrete pastReuben Wilhelm could have resulted in a goal, but the finish was just outside. In the 72nd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Lance Mayes dashed through, knocking home 5 - 1 for Huligans. Huligans held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Huligans player was without a doubt Ernest Nacher. Lance Mayes on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important SouthPark player was Peter Marcusson. Yuri Danhof on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 5 - 1.

TEAM ATTITUDE

Team Attitude: Match of the Season

RATING

The Mad Huligans
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: outstanding
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: excellent
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: formidable
Central Attack: formidable
Left Side Attack: outstanding

SouthPark Cows
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: excellent
Right Side Defence: outstanding
Central Defence: outstanding
Left Side Defence: outstanding
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: outstanding
Left Side Attack: formidable

36.5*s, a 79 rating. Compare my left attack vs his right defense. Then compare my central attack to his central defense. Then compare all his attacks to my defense. Granted he had me beat in the midfield, but he had a 55/58 possesion %... That is utter bullshit to lose so badly...
Yes I even did a MOTS, because I HAD to beat him for this season to mean anything... now one more loss in the next couple weeks means I'm focusing on the cup and PICing the league again. I really do this that this game hates me (as said in the IV.19 series conference)... I dunno what I have to do to win anymore, but whatever I'm doing now isn't working.
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote