Thread: Netbooks
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #6
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Anyone here have a netbook? We're thinking of getting one just for checking the internet and documents. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is 9 inches ridiculously small (that's what she said)?

We've got a Dell discount, and they have one for $300, but this Acer here Amazon.com: Acer Aspire One AOA110-1588 8.9-Inch Netbook - Sapphire Blue: Electronics is a tiny bit cheaper after the discount, and looks to have better specs, but I'm not sure about the brand -- I love my current Dell, and I don't know much about Acer, although it looks like it has good reviews everywhere I look online.

Thanks in advance!

I bought this exact model for my kids ('cuz the little punks were always on my laptop to watch YouTube videos). It is a fantastic machine. I've got it running Office 2007 so my 14 y.o. could take it to school for projects and stuff. It runs Office 2007 better than my "superior" Vista machine. And it literally boots up in under 15 seconds. Crazy.

Anyway, I was talking to my boss about how cool it was, and he asked me to bring it to work so he could see it. Now he wants to replace all of our desktops with netbooks and USB-based docking stations. He was that impressed with its performance.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote