View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #365
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I don't really see much more out there for C. I love all the articles that talk about avoiding C/SS/2B/RP, etc. That's great but you can't just punt all categories

I think we have quite a few people trying to time things- a lot of "I know player X will give me 6th round performance but I'll wait until 10 because no one will want him until at least 12". We have an awful lot of people doing that and it will be interesting to see how that collides in the next few rounds. We already had a couple this past round (everyone knows Votto and Davis were "sleepers" with high projections from quite a few people this year) where I think people were trying to time the fall.

Sometimes, it's good enough to just get that steady production (not speaking specifically to Doumit). Wieters has some absolutely sick projections out there but he's still on track to start the season in AAA and even if he comes up in May, adjusting to the majors isn't a sure bet for any "can't miss" prospect.

There's going to be a lot of scrapping the next 5~7 rounds for everyone's "sleepers"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote