View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #155
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Can you explain this again please? I'm still a little lost.

We're actively drafting during the day between 9 AM and 11 PM. Let's say LastWhiteSoxFanStanding makes his next pick at 10:30 PM tonight. Now cubboyroy1826 is on the board. Let's say he makes his pick at 11:30 PM. He "used" 30 minutes of game time. Now I would expect to have to make my pick by 9 AM since I had the entire overnight period to pick. Is that correct?

Let's say also that cubboyroy1826 did not make a pick in the overnight period. When would his deadline be the following morning? Would it not be 2:30 PM since he had 30 mins from the following night?

Aren't we always going in six hour time increments during the week?

It's what both Travis and PackerFanatic said- kindof think of it as 4 hours passing overnight (not entirely, since we round to 9am and 10am). The idea is that you should be able to check either at night or before the time starts in the morning, preferably both. Plus, you'll know about when your pick is coming up, since odds are there aren't going to be a run of 4 or 5 picks at night (it has happened before). But if it does, then you still have at least 2 hours (until 10am CT) in the morning.

One note about your examples- since it's a snake draft, we're still a ways away from your pick (Toddzilla, Travis, MizzouRah are up next). But, let's go with what you had:

1) CBR1826 makes his pick at 10:30pm (CT) and LWSFS makes his at 11:30pm (CT). Since those are after the clock has expired for the day, the next pick isn't due until 10am (CT) as the current picker (which would have been you) didn't have more than an hour the night before. Any time picks are made overnight off the clock is gravy- it's nice to get in some picks, but we aren't going to penalize someone for not being on at 2 in the morning to make picks.

2) If CBR1826 is up and the previous pick was made at, say, 7pm CT and he doesn't notice at all that night. He has until 9am the next morning to make the pick- not until 11am (7-10pm, 8-11am). You don't get a true 6 hours on the overnight because the idea is that everyone is supposed to check at night and in the morning to see whereabouts they are picking.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote