View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 09:43 PM   #114
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Quick question: is there a reason why we're using CT and not ET? We love our ET on the East Coast.

Well, because I lived in Kansas the last few years and it made sense to me then

A silly, niggling complaint I have about moving out to Richmond is that eastern time makes no sense. Football goes noon-6 on central. Doesn't that make a lot more sense? You can evenly block out a simple quarter of Sundays (and it keeps pastors from pontificating too long on football weeks). Primetime ends at 10 in the central- a nice round number. 11? News at 11? Huh? Instead, you have news at 6 and 10. I'm watching Big Monday. Basketball in Big XII territory starting at 9? That seems awfully late. How about 8-10. That makes a lot more sense

Another thing I noticed is that things happen in the east coast at the same time as they did in the central time zone, only difference is that it's an hour later on the clock. People seem to get to work at 9 and leave around 6 rather than 8 to 5. People seem to wake later, eat later, and go to sleep later. Again, it all happens at the same time in the time-space continuum, but the clocks are different. So, I'll go with the one that makes more sense.

In short, no good reason- just because. Just think of it as 9am-11pm ET

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-23-2009 at 09:43 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote