View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 12:07 AM   #1787
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Does anyone play with any house rules in solo dynasty to help keep the playing field competitive?

My in game rules before i quit my last solo dynasty:

1. No running the option - WAY too easy to exploit the edges and bat pursuit angles that defenders take with option plays.

2. I required myself to maintain a reasonable run/pass ratio.

3. Tone down clock management abilities. Playing 7 minute quarters, up by 7 points against a better team, its tempting to run the play clock down to 1 second with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. But that's really the ~10 minute mark in a full scale game, that doesn't really happen. And most importantly, the CPU won't take advantage of that against you if they're up 7 in the 4th. No stalling until the final 2 or 2:30 of the game.

The only recruiting limitation I put on myself was that I wouldn't allow myself to scour the recruit lists late in the season to look for good recruits that no one else has gone after. I set up my initial contact list and the only time I ever added to it was if I lost out on recruits at positions where I was going to have a shortage the next season.

When I quit I'd won two national titles in a row and it was becoming obvious that I was going to need more house rules beyond that to keep it competitive.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote