View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #22
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I'm only on the wait list but I'll ask a question. What position eligibility requirements does the league use? Yahoo typically has options for 1 Game / 5 Game / 10 Game, meaning that if I own Adam Dunn and he plays 1B five times during the season, in our league he now qualifies as a 1B. Most leagues I've played in use 5 starts or 10 appearances, whichever comes first. Obviously position scarcity means players like Mark DeRosa are more valuable at 2B in your fantasy lineup than 3B and the league eligibility rules will have a hand in determining how much that factors into building a roster.

It looks like Yahoo also uses the 5 starts/10 appearances rule. At the beginning of the season, you can see what people have and they don't lose a position from one year to the next- so you can only gain positions throughout the course of the season.

For example, Dunn is 1B/LF/RF (remember, we have individual OFs- gives more value to CFs since it's harder to find good ones) whereas DeRosa is 2B/3B/LF/RF. You'll be able to see these things on the league page. It's a slow live, draft (see the draft section) so you'll be able to take some time drafting.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote