View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #20
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Any thoughts on rules? I try to make it so you can't take too much advantage of the rules. For instance, the 42 IP per week means you pretty much have to run out 6 starting pitchers- you can't just run out a couple of aces and some closers to scoop up some points.

I'm only on the wait list but I'll ask a question. What position eligibility requirements does the league use? Yahoo typically has options for 1 Game / 5 Game / 10 Game, meaning that if I own Adam Dunn and he plays 1B five times during the season, in our league he now qualifies as a 1B. Most leagues I've played in use 5 starts or 10 appearances, whichever comes first. Obviously position scarcity means players like Mark DeRosa are more valuable at 2B in your fantasy lineup than 3B and the league eligibility rules will have a hand in determining how much that factors into building a roster.