View Single Post
Old 07-31-2003, 10:08 AM   #26
DataKing
Pro Rookie

We've got just over $500,000 in the bank right now, and should have quite a bit more by the time our cup run is over, so we'll have plenty of transfer funds available to bring in a top-notch defensive trainee for the remainder of the season. I think I've gotten a pretty good handle on figuring out just "how good" a player's defensive ability is, and so should be able to find one who won't take too long to "pop." Also, despite the comparatively long training time for defense, unless we go past round six or so (not likely, I figure), it should not be an issue. With a relegation match very likely in our future, that's one more week for defensive training at the end of the season, if need be.

At any rate, I figure to have around $750,000 on hand for transfers when it comes time to go shopping for a short-term defensive trainee. Rather than spend the money on more help now, I just want to keep it. Whatever I can spend on the trainee when the time comes is just a short-term investment, as far as I can figure (the more you spend on your trainee, the more they'll be worth when their training is complete).
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote