View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #98
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I just recently got one, and also bought a morningstar after a buddy told me he preferred those to slashing weapons. I haven't had a chance to try out the morningstar though b/c the lance is way way too much fun.

For some reason I thought all one/two-handed weapons behaved much the same as the others, but after reading this I got curious and started playing around with all the different weapon types on the battleground (against overmatched opponents) to see which one I enjoyed the most.

The 'shortened military scythe' is absolutely GREAT fun for chopping down dudes on foot from horseback....but since I have a much greater one-handed skill, and the scythe doesn't seem to do as well against mounted opponents, I have settled on the 'heavy knight's war axe' which packs a mighty wallop for a one-hander (I've been playing the 'prophecy of pendor' mod that MG mentioned earlier, so I'm not sure those weapons even exist in native). I enjoyed the mighty damage you can lay out with a lance, but prefer the work/reward of working in real close to someone and whacking them in the head.

Last edited by thesloppy : 01-28-2009 at 06:07 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote