View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #294
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Well, I think neither extreme is the truth. I definitely don't think he should be taken #2 overall, but when you're leaps and bounds better than any other player on your team (Curry really is light years better than any two of his teammates put together), and you're a long distance shooter, you're bound to have bad games. He's had a few bad shooting nights this season, but I'm not surprised with how much attention he commands.

I mean, one team even did a triangle-and-two with the two guys on him the entire game. He wound up standing in the corner, so his team could play 4-on-3. When was the last time that happened? That sounds like Wilt Chamberlain kind of stuff. He's not perfect, Rainmaker. He is a very, very good player, though.

He's a great player, there is no doubt about it. I just think the hype behind him this year is ridiculous. ESPN has him #2 on their draft board. He hasn't shot that well this year.

My guess is that he'll end up being a Ben Gordon type player. He's not going to be able to hang defensively in the NBA and his passing isn't good enough to be a starting PG. He could be a solid 6th man who gives a team a nice jolt off the bench. I think he's at best a late lottery pick talentwise but will probably go higher because NBA teams are stupid.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote