View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 02:03 PM   #291
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It feels like Stephen Curry went from the most underrated player in college to the most overrated in one year. Don't get me wrong, he's a great college player, but this talk of him going #2 in the draft is ridiculous. I've seen him twice this year on national TV and he's looked real bad. Purdue is absolutely destroying Davidson right now and Curry's shooting is one of the reasons for it.

Well, I think neither extreme is the truth. I definitely don't think he should be taken #2 overall, but when you're leaps and bounds better than any other player on your team (Curry really is light years better than any two of his teammates put together), and you're a long distance shooter, you're bound to have bad games. He's had a few bad shooting nights this season, but I'm not surprised with how much attention he commands.

I mean, one team even did a triangle-and-two with the two guys on him the entire game. He wound up standing in the corner, so his team could play 4-on-3. When was the last time that happened? That sounds like Wilt Chamberlain kind of stuff. He's not perfect, Rainmaker. He is a very, very good player, though.