View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #468
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I don't really feel guilty about the Red Sox making a lot of money - it's not like any of it's mine. I hope they make shitloads.

I just think it's funny you have this crusade against any Sox fans making reference to the Yankee payroll, and then say that the Sox potentially outbidding the Angels is the "problem".

I don't think it's a "problem". Your word, not mine. I would say it's disappointing. The Red Sox don't need to spend that money. They're already set at the position Teix plays. It's basically a luxury for them. And that difference, that willingness to spend that kinda cash on a luxury, especially when they're already spending what $15-20 M on the "odd man out" in Lowell, is what separates them from the Angels, Cubs, etc. and puts them in Evil Empire range.

To me, that's disappointing, to have to work against that, especially when I see Red Sox fans here complaining about the Yankees (and, yes, Royals fans certainly have the right to bitch at me about the Angels).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote