View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #465
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Not really. 133-119 in '08 (and far closer after the Manny trade, it may be a dead heat at the moment). You complaining about the Red Sox is far worse than a Red Sox fan complaining about the Yankees (where the difference was 209-133). The difference between the Red Sox and Yankees (76) is the same difference as between the Red Sox and the Royals.

I don't think any of it's "unfair", because that's the system we're in, but I'm just correcting the idea that it's Yanks/Sox, then everyone else. Sox were #4 in payroll last year, and in the ballpark of the White Sox/Angels/Cubs, especially after the Manny trade.

No, I really think it's about the same, in that neither of us should complain abouth other teams' resources. That said, I think it's patently ridiculous to think the Angels are on the same level of revenue stream as the Red Sox.

And, BTW, you paid ALL of Manny's contract, so nice try at an out there, but no dice. So nowhere near a dead heat. You guys could have paid even more last year. We're talking about a team that dropped $50 M just to talk to Dice-K.

If we add Teix right now, we're about $95-100 M for 2009. When was the last time the Red Sox were down there?

The Manny trade is really disingenious of you to even bring up. You actually added salary, in Jason Bay's contract, while paying not a dime less of your original payroll.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote