View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 03:49 PM   #455
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So what's the truth and what's not the truth? re: Teixeira

I am hearing rumors that the Red Sox and Nats have jumped to an 8th year. Angels have gone 7, and seem set to stay there. O's I think are still at 7. No word on the Yanks, who are thinking of juimping back in.

Lots of rumors that a lot of this is Boras BS, numbers leaked to the media which may or may not be true, meaning he's doing his usual spin and hoping for bidders bidding against themselves.

I wish the Angels and Red Sox would come out and collectively put their foot down, and say, "Here is what we're offering, and we're not offering a penny more. If you want to go to the Nats or O's, so be it."

Love the Hot Stove league, but hate the games Boras plays. If the Angels and Sox came out like that, it would pretty much neuter his position, because everyone knows Teixeira wants to go to a proven winner at this point.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote