View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #385
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
I'm a Yankee fan, but I'm primarily a lurker. I'm also not an annoying Yankee fan who thinks that if the Yankees lose, it's because of some massive conspiracy. I'm also not one of those fans who sit there and whine when the Yankees don't get their person and take a stupid dig at the player. If I do take a dig, it has nothing to do if the player is with the Yankees or not. (I do take issue with Red Sox fans, though, at least the obnoxious bandwagon ones that have suddenly appeared since 2004. But the real bad ones seem to be those who just became fans. I have a hard time taking issue with the team. I particularly like the Red Sox younger players. Varitek, though--a tool Ortiz--still bitter over the fact that Steinbrenner could have had him).
That having been said, I do think Sabathia is going to balloon to 350 lbs in year 3 of the Yankee contract. I don't think he's worth the 7 year, 160 million dollar deal. And I'm not sure if he'll be able to take the "We think we're better than you cuz we're in NY" NY media.

We must clone this lurker and replace the rest of those tools with him!
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote