View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #323
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Scott's now saying I may be dubbed the head coach and defensive coordinator, though I think the title 'head coach' would be in name only. After all, he does have more experience in this league and with these kids than I do.

As for the assistant coaching director, I now help run our spring flag football, assist in selecting and recruiting new head coaches, and listen to complaints by parents about their boy's playing time.

I found out yesterday that I was one of three head coaches out of the nine teams we had that didn't receive a single complaint.

Other parents from my team were selected as well. Nick T's mom moved up from "Field and Safety" (super joke position, in my opinion) to Vice President. Carlos's mom takes over as cheerleading director...though I don't believe she's ever shown up for a meeting. That pretty much tells you how bad our last director was. Nick and JD's mom and dad take over as fundraising coordinator and field and safety, respectively. Bryan was also nominated for assistant coaching director but declined at the meeting when he saw I was his opponent. He actually gave a quick comment in front of everyone about how I was definitely the better choice.

With now five people from my clan on the board, I feel I will now run the show. I need to work on my evil plans right away.