View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #147
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Hurting in a loss and questioning the ability of a coach that has taken your team to 3 straight final fours to get the most out of his players is the big difference here I believe.

Wow, really, you guys have taken one comment and really gone overboard here. No one here's in a mob mentality, let's hang Howland in efigy mode.

I'm not sure why it's such a big deal that a couple fans would be disappointed in one or two aspects of a team's coaching, even if it's overall very successful. Would an Indiana fan have been called out like this if he said Knight needs anger management lessons? Would a UNC fan be grilled because he thinks Williams' teams need to play better in Final Fours?

This is fair commentary here. Howland is a very, very, very good coach. I wouldn't give him up for anyone except Wooden, much less Coach K or anyone else.

That doesn't mean as I a fan can't point out a flaw or two that could use some work.

You guys really need to remind yourselves that the Internet is at best a sub-mediocre medium for the transfer of tone and context.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote