View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 12:12 AM   #129
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
tsk tsk, so worried about preparing to blame the refs for future games that you forgot to wait til your team won the current one. Go Michigan!

Strangely enough, I can call out bad reffing even when it doesn't involve my team. And, of course, no one should know better than you what officials can be like with Duke.

Good game by Michigan tonight. Beilein really has a system that gives Howland teams fits--this is the third time in four games against Beilein teams that highly ranked UCLA teams have lost to them. Harris is a big time player, and there are some other guys who seem pretty decent, too. I hope they give Duke all they can handle.

As for UCLA, this team's a work in progress. The freshmen have a long way to go to get to where they can even approach replacing the depth we had last year. They'll get there, but it's going to take time. Well, except for Holliday, that kid can just flat play now.

As for the seniors and upperclassmen, really, only Collison showed up. Aboya was about what he is (so at least he didn't get worse). Shipp was just awful, showing he's essentially a worse player today than when he was a fireshman. Keefe was a non-entity, Roll was cringe-worthy at times, and Drago was making bad decisions all game. These guys are solid backups from past teams--this is their chance to grab a hold of their opportunities. If they don't, I don't have any qualms with letting the freshmen just all play and start building for next year.

I'm in a bind on Howland. You can't argue results, and he certainly gets them. But the inability to devise an offense that can attack a zone, any zone, and his rigid insistence on a boring passing attack that only results in miserable contested outside shots while the shot clock buzzer rings is a huge limitation on the potential of this team. This team has the kind of athleticism and guard/wing talent that they should be playing a pressure D and fast breaking every chance they get.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote