Thread: Guild Wars
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #105
twothree
College Prospect

Probably the last "major" update to the game before Guild Wars 2.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Game_updates/20081113

Highlights:
Storybooks (like the Hero's Handbook for Eye of the North) are now available for all of the original three games.
Wisdom and Treasure Hunter titles are now account-based.
Luxon, Kurzick, Sunspear, Lightbringer, and Eye of the North titles have been rebalanced.

The major thing I have always liked about Guild Wars is no subscription fees. I can go months without playing the game. And then get back into playing the game for several months, and it doesn't cost me anything extra.

As for my accomplishments since last year (post #93). I completed both the faction and nightfall campaigns with my main character. I have also unlocked all heroes (26? of them) and got them all to level 20 for my main character, finally getting Razah unlocked just last month. I also have been trying to collect one of every stackable collectable drop (like a minotaur horn or grawl necklace) that exsists in the game by defeating a monster that drops the item (instead of just purchasing the items from another player). I don't have an "in game" reason to do this, but it has become a goal that determines what areas I goto.

Things that I still haven't tried are: vanquishing an area, playing in "hard" mode, maxing any titles (like skill hunter or guardian), hunting for unique weapons, upgrading my heroes' armor, or pretty much almost anything related to PvP.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote