View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 12:17 AM   #65
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I say, screw it, we're 1-0 and face Southern Illinois tomorrow night for the right to play Duke at MSG..

It was an UNBELIEVABLE game tonight. Gaffney came out in warmups trying to act all cocky towards the crowd, and when he was walking back to the lockeroom, he pointed up to the student section. He then proceeded to dunk a put-back in and screamed towards the student section. After that, he was singled out and it was great. We had pretty loud chants of "Gaffney sucks" going the entire game.

Scary situation when one of our big men took a tumble, and fell into the knee of one of your big men (can't remember the name, big white dude with a beard) and he came out with crutches and a lot of ice around his knee.

The officiating was terrible, seemed like SIU was getting called for any sort of touch, and the refs called an intentional foul on a layup when it was plainly obvious he was going for the ball. Then they didn't call one, when our big man just leveled a guard on a layup. Don't know if he realized he fucked up the first call and was just giving it away, but I couldn't believe it, I mean he just used his entire body and flung it at the guy in mid-air.

Dillard looks like he's going to be something special once he gets the mental part of the game down and doesn't telegraph his passes so bad. He came up with some huge baskets though in the second half. Towards the end, Gaffney wouldn't even look up at us.

But UMass looked really good, the guards were hitting some unbelievable shots, I mean, hand-in-the-face fadeaway type shit. They were out and running the entire first half and were penetrating very nicely. Great game, great atmosphere, and UMass played really well in a place that's not easy to play in.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote