View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #499
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
So lets pretend its the playoffs, and you and I are playing for different teams in a series against each other. You are an all-star forward, I'm a 5th defenceman. We're battling in front of the net and I cross-check you, so you retaliate with a slash. I go down, you get a penalty. After the game, the team doctor says I have an 'upper body injury' and I don't play the rest of the series. According to your rules, neither do you.

But wait there's more! Behind the scenes, I feel I could have played, but strategically the coach wants to keep me out because he knows it will mean you are also out, and since you are an all star and I'm just a schmoe, its a trade he'll make any day. So it's agreed that the injury is bad enough that I shouldn't play, and we both sit out the series.

I would want to league to handle things on a case by case basis. We may not agree on this but won't you agree that the NHL can take a page from Roger Goodell's NFL of late? He seems to be doing a pretty good job of keeping things in line and being fair.