View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #488
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I just can't understand why it should matter what happened to the guy you hit.

But why is Bertuzzi any more of a thug than the dozens of other guys that came before him?

But also don't demonize someone for circumstances that others got away with completely.

I think you have to take the result of the play into consideration here. Bertuzzi is guilty of more than the other guys because of what happened to Steve Moore because of Bertuzzi's cheap shot.

Here's what I want the league to do. If you cheap shot a guy and injury him so that he has to leave the game, you are automatically suspended some number of games plus an option of being suspended indefinitely or as long as the injured player is sidelined as a result of your cheap shot. That's it. I'm not saying the NHL has to do it but I strongly believe that if they tie suspension length to injury length they would see a strong downturn in the number of cheap shots throughout the league.