View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #474
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I haven't seen the latest Tucker incident, but it's not like he has a history of hitting low.

Yes, yes, the Peca hit... still not a cheap shot. Peca got his knees wiped out because he jumped in the air, not because Tucker went low on him. Peca himself even forgave and forgot on that one.

Other than that, you can call Tucker a sideshow or a diver or self-promoter, but he really hasn't been a cheapshot guy.

Tucker has a reputation around the league nevertheless.

I wish the NHL policed itself the way the NFL does under Roger Goodell. If you are a repeat offender, you get a harsher penalty. A guy like Ryan Hollweg comes to mind. He has been in the league, what, two years? He has already been suspended for hitting from behind (twice, I think) and if he continues to do it after being suspended, then the league should have an option to throw him out of the league. If a guy severly injures a player with a cheap shot, he should be out for as long as that player is out. Randy Jones should have been suspended last year for as long as Patrice Bergeron was medically ineligible to play. If I were NHL commish, I would ban Todd Bertuzzi for the Steve Moore incident. There's no place for that in the game of hockey.